Assignment Content: find research evidence in the literature
1.For this assignment, find research evidence in the literature and/or professional journals supporting the need for your proposed change.
Consider any research, clinical processes, policies, regulating bodies, and clinical guidelines that relate to your chosen issue or problem.
Search the library and select at least three original research articles which will support your project.
Write a summary for each article of the three articles that you have selected. Please submit the entire assignment as one paper. You will write the three summaries, and each article summary should contain a minimum of 350 words. The articles must be:
1) Peer reviewed
2) Recent (published within 5-7 years)
3) Statistically significant
In addition, select at least two current guidelines or regulations that may regulate your project. Write a summary for each guideline you have selected. Each guideline summary should contain a minimum of 350 words.
Submit the assignment. APA FORMAT .
NSG/498 Senior Leadership Practicum
Week 3: Research and Evidence: Support the Need for a Change
Content: 170 points possible Points possible Points earned Comments
An introduction to the paper is included 5
Find a minimum of three supporting original research articles 40
Summarized the articles to explain the evidence for the project 40
Find at least two guidelines to support the project, considering clinical guidelines, processes, and policies 40
Summarized guidelines explaining how they were evidence for the project 40
A summary/conclusion of the important points found in the supporting evidence is included 5
Format: 10 points possible Points possible Points earned Comments
Followed a structure that is clear, concise, and appropriate; maintained a scholarly tone. Free of grammar, syntax, and spelling errors. Proper APA was followed. 5
Cited references, written in appropriate APA-formatted reference page 5
General questions for this week’s activities
Evidence Appraisal Tools
Read the following from Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice: Models and Guidelines:
o Ch. 5: Searching for Evidence
o Ch. 6: Evidence Appraisal: Research
o Ch. 7: Evidence Appraisal: Non-Research
Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice: Models and Guidelines, Ch. 5-7
Wk 3 University Library Readings
• Complete the tables from Appendix E: Research Evidence Appraisal Tool and Appendix F: Non-Research Evidence Appraisal Tool from Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice: Models and Guidelines.
• Dearholt, S. & Dang, D. (2017). Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice: Models and Guidelines. Indianapolis, IN: Sigma Theta Tau International.
Research and Evidence
• Balakas, K., & Sparks, L. (2010). Teaching research and evidence-based practice using a service-learning approach. Journal of Nursing Education, 49(12), 691-695.
• Dougherty, L. (2014). Evidence-based practice requires research and data. British Journal of Nursing, 23(14), S3.
• Fitzpatrick, J. J. (2016). Distinctions between research, evidence based practice, and quality improvement.
• Evidence-Based Public Health Practice