Issues that young adults should be aware of and discuss prior to engaging in a cohabitating relationship
Factors that influence intimate relationships, marriage, and parenting are discussed throughout your textbook. These factors include, but are not limited to, financial stability, age, gender roles/stereotypes, and education obtained. In Paper Assignment #4, respond to the following questions:
- What are some issues that young adults should be aware of and discuss prior to engaging in a cohabitating relationship? What are some social, emotional, and financial consequences of cohabitating together before marriage?
- Why do people get married? Discuss research on martial satisfaction and the factors that contribute to satisfaction. Based on peer-reviewed research, what is the best age for individuals to get married? Explain your answer.
- What are some factors that contribute to divorce? In what ways will divorce affect future relationships?
- Discuss the impact of having children on a marriage. What factors influence decisions about childcare (i.e., choosing to have a parent stay at home or both work outside the home)? From a sociocultural perspective, compare and contrast how becoming a parent affects men and women.
- OVERALL DESIGN
|INTRODUCTORY PARAGRAPH: Subject with the issue followed by the Who, What, When, Where, and Why on Subject + Thesis w/Main Points|
|BODY PARAGRAPH: Full discussion of 1st Main Point w/Specific Example at least 3 sentences long|
|BODY PARAGRAPH: Full discussion of 2nd Main Point w/Specific Example at least 3 sentences long|
|CONCLUSION: Summarize the key elements of the essay and add any other relevant information|
- and additional 3 peer-reviewed outside sources as reference: Developmental Psychology (120683690) 9th editions.