Summarize three -four qualitative/ quantitative studies
Write a critical appraisal that demonstrates comprehension of three-four qualitative/quantitative research studies. Use the “Research Critique Guidelines – document to organize your essay. Successful completion of this assignment requires that you provide rationale, include examples, and reference content from the studies in your responses.
Use the practice problem and two qualitative, peer-reviewed research article you identified in the Topic 1 assignment to complete this assignment.
In a 1,500–1,750 word essay, summarize three -four qualitative/ quantitative studies, explain the ways in which the findings might be used in nursing practice, and address ethical considerations associated with the conduct of the study.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite
Topic: Causes of high nurse’s turnover and shortage in United States
Below are the three peer review research articles I have chosen and submitted to the instructor as resource and references to be use in my research paper. Please these three studies below must be clearly indicated in the research paper. Although may include additional peer reviewed article.
Cox, P., Willis, W. Coustasse, A (2014). The American epidemic: The U.S. nursing shortage and turnover problem. Paper presented at BHAA 2014, Chicago, IL. Retrieved from https://mds.marshall.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=https://www.google.com/&httpsredir=1&article=1125&context=mgmt_faculty
MacKusick, C. I., & Minick, P. (2010). Why are nurses leaving? Findings from an Initial Qualitative Study on Nursing Attrition. Medsurg Nursing, 19(6). Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/49852108_Why_are_nurses_leaving_Findings_from_an_initial_qualitative_study_on_nursing_attrition
Derby-Davis, M (2014). The nursing faculty shortage: Predictors of job satisfaction and intent to stay in academe. Retrieved from https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/the-nursing-faculty-shortage-2167-1168-3-221.php?aid=33532
Research Critiques and PICOT Question Guidelines – Final Draft
Use this document to organize the content from your four studies into your final draft.
Quantitative and Quantitative Studies
- Summary of studies. Include problem, significance to nursing, purpose, objective, and research question.
How do these two articles support the nurse practice issue you chose?
- Discuss how these articles will be used to answer your PICOT question.
- Describe how the interventions and comparison groups in the articles compare to those identified in your PICOT question.
Method of Study:
- State the methods of the articles you are comparing and describe how they are different.
- Consider the methods you identified in your chosen articles and state one benefit and one limitation of each method.
Results of Study
- Summarize the key findings of each of the studies into a comprehensive summary.
- What are the implications of the four studies you chose in nursing practice?
- Discuss two ethical consideration in conducting research.
- Describe how the researchers in the four articles you choose took these ethical considerations into account while performing their research.
- What are the anticipated outcomes for your PICOT question?
- How do the outcomes of the four articles you chose compare to your anticipated outcomes?