Mathematics in Demographics: use the real-world population data set selected in Module 1 to identify relationships within categories of information
Cultural issues are often identified through statistical analysis. By identifying trends, change agents can generate solutions to critical issues ripped from the headlines.
In this assignment, you will use the real-world population data set selected in Module 1 to identify relationships within categories of information, identify connections between the selected group and the category, gather additional data, and propose research-based solutions.
- Create a 3- to 5-page paper (not including the title and references pages) in a Word document for your response.
- Use APA format for the paper, the title page, the references page, and the in-text citations.
- Develop an introduction and conclusion for your paper.
- Follow the steps to complete the assignment.
Part 1: Population Data
Step 1. Relate
Using the real-world population data set selected in Module 1, identify relationships within specific categories of information, such as gender and school dropout; rural versus urban issues.
Step 2. Infer
Infer a potential connection between the selected group and a given category.
Step 3. Add Support
Provide additional data to support the connection and rationale for it.
Part 2: Solutions
Step 4. Research
What does research suggest is the solution for the issues identified using numerical data? List three potential solutions to the issues.
Step 5. Conclude
In your conclusion, consider how the data influenced the identified solutions. Address the following questions:
- How can the data misinform our decision making?
- How does this shape our view on culture?
- What other variables might influence the findings?