Instructions to Assignment #7: successful path to mergers and acquisitions
Discussion Forum – Success Factors
Chapter 6 (SM) – Corporate-Level Strategy
Chapter 7 (SM) – Merger and Acquisition Strategies
Please read Chapters 6 and 7 in Strategic Management (SM): Concepts and Cases: Competitiveness and Globalization
You can view the electronics textbook for Strategic Management (SM): Concepts and Cases: Competitiveness and Globalization at https://www.vitalsource.com/login by clicking “My Library” or Bookshelf
Class Participation – Discussion Forum – Success Factors
Please review the Class Participation Policy located in the attached document for this course. Learners are expected to have weekly interaction with the Faculty Mentor as well as with other Learners through class participation in the Class Discussion Forum. Learners must post to the Course Discussion Forum at least once each week. The post should be a direct response to the topic for the week and include brief commentary on the posts of other classmates. Your post must be substantial and thoughtful and be a minimum of 250 words. It is recommended that you write your post in Word to track your word count and then copy and paste it into the discussion forum space in the course syllabus.
Please view the video “Success Factors?” by clicking on the following link below. This video presents Mitchell Lee Marks who talks about a successful path to mergers and acquisitions. What do you think about these factors?
Discuss your findings.
Write in complete sentences and use good grammar, double-spacing, 12 point font, with one inch margins. Be sure to cite your resources and provide the references using APA 6th ed. format. Remember to reference all work cited or quoted by the text authors. The discussion form must consist of three sections and include Summary, Conclusion, and References.
Please provide a brief conclusion.
- All in-text citations (directly or not directly quoting the material) must include author’s last name, the year of publication, page number, and para number. Do not make them up because I will check them.
- A complete reference should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper. I will not accept the paper without in-text citation page number and paragraph number.
- Also, remember that you should have 75% of your references published within the last 10 yrs.
- Avoid writing in the first person when writing in APA formatting.
- Avoid writing in passive voice.
- The idea that you cite in the paper must match with the content of the textbook or journal.
- Use journals, textbooks, and websites
Example for an In-text Citation
(Kreitner & Kinicki, 2013, p.456, para.4).
Example for a Reference
Kreitner, R., & Kinicki, A. (2013). Organizational behavior (10th ed.). New York,