Cant Hurt Me by David Goggins
Name: ____________________________________Date: _____________________
Instructions: This assignment asks that you identify a currently enacted local city/municipal, state, or federal policy in the USA that is aimed at curbing or reducing obesity. Policies that are acceptable should mandate or incentivize behavior, build capacity, or change systems.
- Read through the entire assignment before you begin searching.
- For example, go to your favorite search engine (e.g., google.com), and type in the name of a state other than Texas (e.g., Nevada) and the words “obesity policy.” Look through the results and determine whether there is a policy that is currently enacted and will help you answer all the questions below. If you don’t find something that works for you, try typing in other search terms along with your favorite state, like “physical activity policy” or “nutrition policy.”
- You must answer all questions in order to get full credit for this assignment. Please type your answers into the space provided for each question. Upload your assignment #3 in blackboard.
- What is the identifying number and name of the policy? (Include the identifying number, state or city info, and name of the policy)
- What is the URL (web address) of this policy?
- What level is this policy? (circle or underline one)
- Local city or municipality
- On what health behavior does this policy hope to intervene? (circle or underline all that apply)
Sedentary time/Screen time
Other (write in) ___________________________________________________
- What are the specific strategies or mechanisms that this policy uses to change behavior? (Provide as much detail as you can in the space provided).
- How is this policy enforced?
- Who is the human target population of this policy? Who will be impacted the most by the policy? (circle or underline all that apply)
- School officials
- Healthcare workers
- Other people (fill in blank) ____________________________________________
- Identify two expected benefits of this policy.
- Identify two unexpected consequences of this policy.
- Is this a good or a bad policy? (circle or underline one)
- Both good and bad
- Justify your answer from #10 with two specific examples.
- Assignment #4 Required Audiobook: Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds by David Goggins. https://www.amazon.com/Cant-Hurt-Me-David-Gogginsaudiobook/dp/B07KKP62FW/ref=tmm_aud_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1547052440&sr=8-1
- Please listen to the Audiobook – Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins. You will learn how David lost 100 pounds and how he keeps it off, but his story encompasses so much more. The audiobook also includes interviews with David at the end of each chapter.
- 1. Write3 principles/lessons learned from David’s story that can help one overcome obesity andmaintain a healthy weight for alifetime. Expandon your answersby giving a detailed example of each principle/lesson. (at least 300 words minimum for part#1 ).
- 2. List all David’s challengesmentionedatthe endofthe chapters. Come up with your own unique challenge that you can share with someone struggling with weight and obesity. Detail what your challenge is and strategies on how to implementit. (at least 300 words minimum for part#2)
- 3. Provide an overall reaction to his story. Include any realizations/personal epiphanies regarding weight and obesity for self/family/community/healthcare system/nation. (at least 300 words minimum for #3)