Assignment Overview: impact of adult learning theory
For your final project, you will synthesize your learning from this course to create a personal professional development plan or a professional development plan for a selected function at work.
In preparation for the assignment, conduct a search of peer-reviewed literature. You will need AT LEAST SEVEN SOURCES for the paper, most of which you already found for the ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY ASSIGNMENT. When you find sources, analyze how the literature informs your development plan. Literature and theory could inform the direction, strategies, or approaches to your development plan.
Write a 10–12 page paper in which you complete the following:
- Analyze the impact of adult learning theory, motivation theory, and change theory on your professional development plan.
• In your analysis, you may want to discuss how these theories allow you to customize your plan.
• Also, your analysis can address where and why selected theories overlap, diverge, and are absent, and the impact this has on your plan.
- Develop a plan that includes effective professional development strategies that are grounded in the literature.
• Select a variety of professional development techniques and approaches for your plan.
• Explain why you think these will be the most useful as you develop in your career:
o Analyze the effectiveness of the strategies you included.
o Justify the inclusion and exclusion of these approaches and strategies. Why did you include some and reject others? Support your reasoning with scholarly literature.
- Modify your professional development plan to reflect a holistic, ethical perspective.
• How does this plan reflect a balanced ecology?
• How is this plan ethical for the people it is designed for and manageable for the organization?
- Evaluate your plan’s ability to adjust for individual differences.
• Support your analysis with references to the scholarly literature and research on professional development.
• Based on your evaluation, make adjustments for current weaknesses in the plan.
o As noted in the course, generational and cultural differences are some of the most important factors to consider, though other individual differences could be relevant.
- Analyze the sustainability of your plan over time.
• In your analysis, address the effectiveness over time and whether you need to make adjustments in order for the plan to be sustained.
• Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
• APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
• Length: 10–12 double-spaced, typed pages. This does not include the required cover page, table of contents, abstract, and reference list.
• Sources: Minimum of seven scholarly, peer-reviewed sources.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.