Type: Individual Project: Create a business matrix (table)
Unit: Collective Bargaining
Due Date: Tue,2/19/19
Grading Type: Numeric
Points Possible: 95
Deliverable Length: 4 pages
Evaluate a collective bargaining contract from both a human resources and union perspective
- Evaluate the agreement or contract from the viewpoint of the organization’s management and human resources (HR) perspectives. Select key provisions of particular interest to management or HR.
- Create a business matrix (table) in Word using the following contract assessment matrix template Below
- Use the template to summarize your analysis of key provisions and potential impact on management of the organization.
- Finally, focus on 3 of the potential challenges. Conclude your matrix product with a thorough discussion of your suggestions for addressing the challenges.
- Document your sources, and include in-text citations as well as a reference list following the discussion.
Contract Assessment Matrix Template
Organization:__________________________ Bargaining Group: _______________________ Contract Effective Dates: From _______ To _______
Matrix with examples
|Contract Requirement||Hiring Practices||Compensation||Operations||Contract Administration||Implementation Challenges|
|Recruiting||Must start with union local||Open position to be filled temporarily by most senior qualified person||May restrict pool of qualified applicants and slow the recruiting and selection process. Definition of “qualified person” not specific.|
|Supervisor monitoring||Supervisors will only monitor workers during actual shift hours and in the workers’ assigned work locations, not before or after shift times or in other locations.||Supervisors may be forced to overlook behavioral issues in or around the job site.|