Students will choose one of the following questions and answer it in proper essay format
following the specifications outlined below. Each question is designed to test the student’s
capability to tie a real-world event to the theories and concepts introduced in class.
- Is China an ascending world power? What options does the rest of the world have in
trying to confront China’s growing influence in the international system? Examine the
options through the lens of IR theories AND argue which one you believe is more likely
to create a greater degree of stability in global politics.
▪ Your assignment should be 1250 words not including the title page, or references (with
10%, 1125-1375 words).
▪ A separate title page should be attached which includes: your name, your student number,
the course name and number, word count, and the instructor’s name.
▪ Each page (not the title page) should include page numbers.
▪ You are required to use a minimum of ten (10) sources in your analysis. Please ensure
they are acceptable academic sources; Wikipedia is not an academic source! If you are
unsure check with the instructor
▪ Citations must be acknowledged, as must ideas which are “paraphrased.” The student
may use the citation style of their preference (Chicago footnotes) but it must be used
properly and consistently.
▪ The body of the text should be double spaced and written in 12 point Times New Roman
font; standard page margins apply. Further ensure that you indent paragraphs.
▪ The late penalty is 5% per day.