LEB-PGDBA(TopUp)-LO Assignment Question
The Context This assignment can either be based on your past or present experiences. You are required to write about an organizational Change Programme or Initiative that you are currently experiencing or had experienced.
The Task You have just being promoted to head a new division or department of your organisation wherein the performance over the past 3 years based on the Balance Scorecard metrics had been less than average compared to other department or division in your organisation. The top management had directed you to spearhead and bring about the desired changes to improve the department’s overall performance based on measurement using the Balance Scorecard.
Changes in various areas will need to be identified and managing and leading a successful change management is critical.
1. Detail the types of changes required for your department or division after having undertaken a problem identification.
2. Identify who are the main stakeholders and change agents you need to work with to successfully affect the change initiatives you are planning and strategizing?
3. What change model or models will you find appropriate to be used in your change initiatives?
4. What strategies will you use to overcome resistance to change that you are planning to introduce? You should use the web, media, books and journals, library and other resources to write the assignment in a Management Report format. Where applicable and relevant, you are also encouraged to conduct fieldwork and interviews of the organization or individuals to collect relevant information for your report.
LEB-PGDBA(TopUp)-LO Instructions for the Management Report: Your report (not exceeding 4000 words) should incorporate the following: (a) Executive Summary ( 5%) 200-300 words, not to be included in the word count. (b) Introduction ( 10%) You should clearly identify the selected organisational change programme or initiative to be investigated and providing the background as to why it was introduced ( its objectives), the nature or types of change involved. (c) Main Body( 65%) You should identify suitable theories, frameworks or models to use in the report and be organised under appropriate sub-headings on the requirements listed as follows: 1. Detail the types of changes required
2. Identify who are the main stakeholders and change agents
3. What change model or models will you find appropriate to be used
4. What strategies will you use to overcome resistance to change (d) Conclusion( 10%) Direct the end of your report to the Group CEO to convince him of your findings and recommendations. (e) Citations and References( 10%) Harvard-style reference system with in-text and end text referencing list. Have a minimum of 10 references.
LEB-PGDBA(TopUp)-LO Further Instructions • Font Style: Times New Roman & Font Size: 12 • Line Spacing: 1.5 • Page Layout/Orientation: Portrait • All the margins should be set about 25mm on both sides (i.e. left & right) of each page. • Numerical Systems (e.g 1.0, 1.1 and 1.1.1) should be used for each section and sub- section. Word Count • Your word count should not include your reference list. You should provide your word count also at the end of your report. • Exceeding the word count by more than 10% will result in a penalty of 10% of your marks for your work. • If your work is significantly shorter, then you will probably have failed to provide the level of detail required. LEB-PGDBA(TopUp)-LO Assessment Grading Criteria Classification Mark (%) Description Distinction 70-100 As for “60-69 marks” band plus the following: Shows clear evidence of wide and relevant reading and an engagement with the conceptual issues. Develops a sophisticated and intelligent argument.
Shows a rigorous use and a sophisticated understanding of relevant source materials, balancing appropriately between factual detail and key theoretical issues. Materials are evaluated directly and their assumptions and arguments challenged and/or appraised. Shows original thinking and a willingness to take risks. Commendation 60-69 Shows strong evidence of critical insight and critical thinking. Shows a detailed understanding of the major factual and/or theoretical issues and directly engages with the relevant literature on the question set. Develops a focused and clear argument and articulates clearly and convincingly with a sustained train of logical thought. Shows clear evidence of planning and appropriate choice of sources and methodology/concepts/models.
Pass 50-59 Shows a reasonable understanding of the major factual and/or theoretical issues involved. Shows evidence of planning and selection from relevant sources. Demonstrates some knowledge of the relevant literature. Text shows, in places, examples of a clear train of thought or argument. Text is introduced and concludes appropriately. Marginal Fail 40-49 Shows some awareness and understanding of the factual or theoretical issues, but with little development. Misunderstandings are evident. Shows some evidence of planning, although irrelevant/unrelated material or arguments are included Poor Failure <40 Fails to answer the assignment question or to develop an argument that relates to the question set. Does not engage with the relevant literature or demonstrate acknowledge of the key issues. Contains clear conceptual or factual errors or misunderstandings. Academic honesty Please acknowledge all references and sources that you use in your work. This is not just good manners but also academic honesty.