Each post should be written in current APA format, use peer-reviewed references, and when required, the articles and/or websites provided in the class. Each post must also be written in a substantive manner without spelling and grammar errors (no instant messaging language, please). For the group discussion aspect of the assignment, there must be substantive interaction and discussion among the group’s members regarding the content and formatting of the submission. Average substantive interaction will earn lower grades than above average substantive interaction.
For each group discussion board forum:
- Perform academic research to support your strategies by finding and utilizing 2 peer-reviewed sources in addition to assigned course reading in the text and assigned library and website readings. Research should be performed in the University Online Library.
- Use current APA format.
- Write in third person.
- Write at graduate-level quality.
Following are the general instructions for completing your group discussion board assignments (topics are given within the modules/weeks):
Part 1, Individual Submission
Individually, you will write a minimum 400-word thread discussing the following
(use the following as headings in each thread):
- Introduction to the topic.
- A short overview of the topic
- Three Concepts
- The 3 most important concepts you have learned from the textbook readings, website and article readings.
- In the discussion, include why these are the most important for an organization to consider.
- References – 4 total
- 2 peer-reviewed references from the University Online Library. These references must have been published in the previous 4 years.
- 1 reference from the text.
- 1 reference from the assigned article(s) or from the website readings (for the weeks that it is available).
As the individual submission is very important to the group’s final product, it must meet the requirements as noted above (as to both the required references and discussion points). This gives the group a strong foundation for the group submission and ensures that each member is working toward adding value to the group.
BMAL 501; 30-Point
Group Discussion Board Rubric
|Criteria||Levels of Achievement|
|Content 70% 21 points total||Advanced 92-100%||Proficient 84-91%||Developing 1-83%||Not present|
|Part 2 — Main Thread||19 to 21 points Criteria include the following: A minimum of 15 different criteria are presented.Each criteria of team membership and participation is clear and well-defined.Measurable standards are included for each criteria of membership.||17 to 18 points Criteria include the following: A minimum of 14 different criteria are presented.The requirements for team membership and participation is clear and well-defined in a minimum of 14 of the criteria.Measurable standards are included for at least 14 of the criteria of membership.||1 to 16 points Criteria include the following: A minimum of 13 different criteria are presented.The requirements for team membership and participation is clear and well-defined in a minimum of 13 of the criteria.Measurable standards are included for at least 13 of the criteria of membership.||0 points No work submitted.|
|Structure 30% 9 points total||Advanced 92-100%||Proficient 84-91%||Developing 1-83%||Not present|
|Posted in Text Box||3 points The DB is posted in the text box.||0 points The DB is not posted in the text box.|
|Grammar/Spelling||5 to 6 points Proper spelling and grammar are used.||3 to 4 points Between 1-2 spelling and grammar errors are present.||1 to 2 points Between 3-4 spelling and grammar errors are present.||0 points More than 4 spelling and grammar errors are present.|
- All parts of the DB are posted in the text box — not as an attachment — before or on the due date. In the event formatting is lost in the text box, you may also attach your Word file to the text box as evidence of proper formatting.
- Substantive participation of each team member is required. Less than substantive participation will result in individual penalties.