First Quiz (Due on Sept 28):
You will write a 1-2-page paper (size 12 Times New Roman font, double spaced, black ink) on the following question:
Please answer the question using the lectures, textbook and academic secondary sources. DO NOT use internet sources other than JSTOR and EBSCOhost.
Please answer the following question(s): During the Persian Wars, why were the Greek armies able to beat the Persians?
How to write:
- You must write in an analytical and narrative form- intro, body, and conclusion.
- You must not only answer the question, but explain in detail your answer. Your quiz must be at least 1 full page in length.
- Proofread! Proofread! Proofread!
How to cite:
- For all outside information, you MUST include citations for that information.
- Go here for Chicago Manual of Style or MLA citation/footnoting: (http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html (Links to an external site.))
- You may use the class lectures, textbook, and outside academic sources to back up your argument. Please consult the library for books and articles on the topic. If you do not use these sources (in preferential order listed above) I will deduct points from your grade (ie; don’t throw random page numbers and book titles/authors into the paper).
- Do NOT use internet sources, encyclopedias, dictionaries, or book reviews. You may use academic sources on JSTOR or EbscoHost.
Here is how to cite the lectures:
1st time in text: (HIST 225, World History to 1500, Slide #/Title, Date(s) of Lecture).
2nd – 1000th time in text: (HIST 225, slide #/abbreviated title).