- How is personality development explained using the frameworks of nature and nurture, continuity and discontinuity, and early and later experience? -consider each issue in explaining how personality may change from childhood to adulthood.
- How are Freud’s and Erikson’s theories similar? How do they differ? Apply each theory to understanding the impact of early deprivation in a child’s life. How does each theory account for the impact of early experience? How might this show later in life?
- Explain how genes are passed from generation to generation and produce variability in human development.
- Describe how cigarette smoking and alcohol and drug exposure in pregnancy affect prenatal development and child outcomes.
- Discuss the impact of different types of feeding practices during the first 2 years. What is your personal view on feeding practices?
- Describe classic and modern theories of motor development.
- Explain how the child’s problem-solving ability changes across Piaget’s six sensorimotor sub stages, including object permanence.
- Explain what infants might understand about numbers.
Each answer should minimally be (minimally=passing=D level) words long. No maximal cap on the responses.