Final Paper Critical Information Literacy ________________________________________ OVERVIEW
The final paper is an exploration of the impact of technology on your field of interest. You will discuss recent and current technology changes we as well as the importance of maintaining currency in your field. The final project will bring together many things you have covered and practiced in this course already. ________________________________________
In a paper of between 1000 and 1800 words (4 to 6 pages), do the following: • Briefly describe your career field.
• Explain what drew you to this field. (US ARMY HELICOPTER MECHANIC) • Examine the impact of past, current, and developing technology in your field, providing specific examples.
• Discuss the importance of remaining current in technology and other developments in your field.
• Explore ways to get and remain current in your field as you move toward a degree and as you are working in the field. Keep in mind that the work you have done in Written Assignment 4 and Written Assignment 7 will be useful for this project. This project has several guideposts. Please check the Course Calendar for the exact week when each is due.
• Topic Approval:
• Summary of Approach:
Written Assignment 4 (Brief Annotated Bibliography):
Written Assignment 4 in Module 4 is a preliminary annotated bibliography for your paper. See the Course Calendar for the due date. Note: You will use this bibliography as the foundation for the unannotated bibliography section of your final paper submission.
• Written Assignment 7:
Written Assignment 7 in Module 6 is also related to your final project. The research you do for this assignment will be useful for your final project. See the Course Calendar for the due date.
• Final Paper Submission: By the date indicated in the Course Calendar, submit your final project through the Final Project: Final Paper Submission assignment link in the Final Project area. Your paper should do the following:
• Be sure to cover all of the topics listed in the first bulleted list that follows GUIDELINES above.
• Be sure to support all of your ideas effectively. • Organize your paper so that it is clear and the ideas flow naturally.
• Be sure to document your paper consistently and thoroughly in the documentation style preferred by your mentor. • Write in a clear, concise way, fully explaining your ideas.
• Be sure that you use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Include a complete bibliography. Note: Your bibliography should be based off of your Written Assignment 4 (Brief Annotated Bibliography) submission; however, it does not need to be annotated for your final submission. Your final project will automatically be submitted through SafeAssign. ________________________________________
WRITING AND RESEARCH RESOURCES The following links provide online writing and research aids to help you with your paper assignments. • OWL (Online Writing Lab) at Purdue University • Writer’s Handbook, the Writing Center at the University of Wisconsin–Madison • APA Guidelines