Question: advance nurse practitioner (APN) roles and the application of project management concepts
In one of the reading assignments this week you reviewed advance nurse practitioner (APN) roles and the application of project management concepts, one of the major elements of NI, but new to most nurses. What type of application does this have for your practice?
McGonigle, D. & Mastrian, K. (2018). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge(4th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
- Chapter 16: Patient Engagement and Connected Health pp.323-338
- Chapter 17: Using informatics to promote community/population health pp.341-355
- Chapter 18: Telenursing and remote Access Telehealth pp.359-388
Sipes, C. (2016). Project management for the advanced practice nurse, Springer.
- Chapter 1: Basic Project Management for Advance Practice Nurses and Health Care Professionals; Examples of APN Projects/Roles. pp. 4-11
- Chapter 1: Basic Project Management for Advance Practice Nurses and Health Care Professionals; Project Management: Why do we need it? Pp. 12
- Chapter 2: Advanced practice nurse role description and application of project management concepts; Chapter 2, pp 16-24
Visit the following site http://www.fiercehealthcare.com/it (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (explore healthcare technology news on CPOE, EMRs, E-prescribing, HIE, PHRs, HIT stimulus, and other health IT news)
Visit the following site www.fierceemr.com (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (this site contains weekly newsletter on EMRs, meaningful use, ARRA and privacy. Select 1 of 5 Topics/Popular Content of the Week to use in the weekly discussions)