Paper details: find a position for which you plan to be qualified after your degree
Writing Goal: Successfull Job Application Packages apply the material in this week’s and previous weeks’ learning activites to create effective resumes and cover letters. Carefully read the directions below. Writing Considerations:
* This assignment, like others in our course, should be original to you and the course. * Do not submit a resume or cover letter you have used in another course without heavy editing.
* Do not submit a resume or cover letter that uses template content from MS Word or from an online source. I am interested in reading your words.
* Review the rubric before submitting your assignment
* Carefully edit and proofread your work before submitting the assignment
* EFSC Writing Center tutors are available. Writing Steps: Find a job posting online
* Using an online job search engine (such as Monster.com, Indeed.com, CareerBuilder.com, the EFSC job lists, or online newspaper classifieds) find a position for which you plan to be qualified after your degree. The position you pick should be one that you will meet the education requirements for once you finish your current degree program. Create a cover letter
* Format your cover letter as a business letter and to include at least three paragraphs (intro, body, and conclusion). You must follow the conventions for formatting a business letter outlined in Ch. 7 of the textbook. Failure to follow the business letter formatting conventions outlined in the textbook will result in a significantly reduced score.
* If you wish, you may include fictitious contact information for yourself. Create a resume addressing the chosen job posting * The resume should be one page. Only use additional pages if there is an absolute need. I know some of you have more career history and education to list than others, so multiple pages may be called for.
* Ensure that you are organizing the resume with the most important information at the top.
* Be consisitent in the way you organize your resume. * Use strong verbs/action statements \
* In making content and formatting choices, review chapter 1 of your textbook that addresses reumes . Also consider all advice presented in this week’s learning activities. Also, consider the communication triangle. Be mindful of how images, layout, font sizes, etc. might impact your message and it’s reception. Include the job posting information (job description, link, etc.)
* On a separate page in the document, include the link to the job positing and the content/job description. Submit assignment as one file
* Each piece of the assignment should be on a separate page within the file.
* The file should be an .rtf, .pdf, .doc, or .docx file. Note: saving the file as PDF will stabilize formatting and spacing within the canvas viewer.