– Assessment 1a: Digital presentation (2000 words equivalent) 40% weighting
Take 4 photos (or choose 4 images from the web) that best represent your understanding of core concepts from the course so far. The photos might be of people, objects or places. Concepts include a sociological theory (e.g. structural functionalism, conflict theory, feminist theory) or a concept such as reconciliation, structure and agency, self-determination, national imaginary, power and inequality, class or gender. Give titles to your photos that relate to sociological theories.
Develop a 500 word reflection (or equivalent audio) to accompany each photograph integrating information gathered from your reading of the textbook and and its theory, at least 1 additional academic resource (per 500 word entry) to support your discussion.
– Your reasons for choosing the image;
– What the image represents;
– How it connects to one or more of the course concepts;
– Your understanding of the concept;
– Apply your understanding of the concept to a brief example currently being debated in society;
Preparing your presentation:
Be creative! Use either PowerPoint or a photo story application such as Shadow Puppet (for iPad) to make your photo presentation. Embed your chosen images, add music, add titles and text, or use a combination of audio and text (as your analysis) to accompany your images. Reference your academic sources using the Harvard referencing system. If you choose a file format other than PowerPoint you may not be able to submit via the online site. Please contact me and I will provide you with an email address to send your file.