- The psychology of a human being is much related to and reflected in their actions, reaction, self-esteem and actualization, motivation to do some task, and their reaction and relation to certain incidences and issues in life but much pronounced in their performance and altitude towards work or education.
- Empowerment is not just a one-time thing but a process of enhancing the feelings of self-efficacy among students achievable by identifying of those conditions that are in favor of powerlessness and also through their removal by both formal and informal organizational practices and techniques (Pak, 2009).
- Psychological empowerment may happen when students understand and comprehend that they have some control over their education and should therefore take full accountability and responsibility of their studies for optimal performance and success. Psychological empowerment is no fixed attribute of personality. It is made up of cognitions which are much related to the study environment.
- If a student to achieve self-satisfaction, effectiveness in study and performance, build an innovative and creative habit, and also avoid stress and depression, then psychological empowerment is paramount. It is that inner strength and intrinsic conscience of ‘yes I can’ that drives to success and effectiveness with positive approach to self-study and education as a whole (Pak, 2009).
- Give a personal definition of psychological empowerment?
- At what point do you feel and ascertain that you are psychologically empowered or weak?
- What are the attributes of a psychologically empowered student?
- Of what importance is psychological empowerment to education?
- What are the defecting agents to psychological empowerment?
Factors that influence the level of PG students’ psychological empowerment
There are a variety of factors that much influence the level of post graduate students’ psychological empowerment, some of which may include: the center of control, self-esteem/self-actualization, the institutions leadership and managerial effectiveness, availability and access to important study information, personal innovativeness and creativity, motivation, family background among other factors (Pak, 2009).
Yoong Pak, (2009), Leadership in the Digital Enterprise: Issues and Challenges: Issues and Challenges, IGI Global.