In the modern world, the type of leadership embraced in a certain area greatly determines the fate of an entity. Transformational leadership (Participative style of management) is my personal style management that has for quite a long time proven its worth in the daily activities. As the leader one must positively influence the immediate subjects by exhibiting valuable practical examples from both a management and carnal angle. Participative leadership is all about initiating positive changes in the social and organizational set ups. There are three most important aspirations that form the basic foundation to my relentless efforts in pursuing the available opportunities.
- Economic liberty and freedom.
- Socio-political development
- Career development.
To achieve these three vast and complex aspirations of my life, I have to critically evaluate every step of action and the relevant consequences of these actions not only from a private approach but also from the exclusive angle of the human race and the surrounding environments. There are five basic pillars of transformational leadership the makes it quite a productive style of leadership. The list below defines each value and its relevance to the daily leadership actions.
- Civic Cooperation. The society forms the basic foundation to success r failure of any entity. It is therefore important for every transformational leader to bear the unique leadership quality to foster a culture of community through close partnership with the colleagues of the same experience and expertise.
- Social Responsibility. As the leader of a positive oriented entity, social responsibility initiates the sense of availing positive developments on the form of beneficial products to the society without charging the society to initiate such developments. The spirit of corporate social responsibility emerges from the need to win and maintain the trust of the civil society that an entity is indeed concerned with its welfare.
- Service Oriented Leadership and Philanthropic motivations. As the transformational leader, I must lead from the front and actively engage in developing a simple way of making life better. To boost the quality of work and performance ability of the employees; altruistic leadership and morale boosting definitely changes the perspective and attitude of the junior staff positively.
- Balance, Parity and Miscellany. Gender wrangles are quite dangerous in the health of any entity. Transformational leadership fortunately provides us with the perfect opportunity to provide equal opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, age, religion or political affiliations. This is the kind of diversity that pools together a wealthy employee’s populace in an entity.
- Optimistic approach to future. In participative leadership, employees are quite important stakeholders and hence are exclusively in forecasting the future and making the relevant adjustments. With the hope a brighter future, the entire entity has the health to proactively plan and appraise the productivity of the predisposed plans as a measure of excellence.
My primary source of motivation is helping others meet their need and sustaining their wants without necessarily being exploited. Success is also a key motivating factor to me since it cements the faith in my planning. Compensation is also very important since it help me meet my daily expenses and lead a productive lifestyle, to appraise the success of my management style, I often follow up with the different employees under my watch to maintain their stable growth up the career ladder. The competences of my skills are evaluated on daily basis by solving professional challenges and making of new policies.
Scheps, A. (2003). The Influence of Ethical Values on Transformational Leadership and Ethical Climate in Organisations: An Exploratory Study. University of Stellenbosch.
DuBrin, A. J. (2011). Essentials of Mangement. Cengage learning/